Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Reminscing

Sometimes people walk out of your life and never come back. Other times they appear here and there to remind you of long ago times, shoved to the back of your memory. I got hit across the face with some of those memories yesterday. Memories of a time where all I had to worry about was a kiss and when I should go to the beach. Memories of walking down pupukea hill with Brittany after a attempted game of hackey sack. Memories of a time where pot was non existent in my life and someone was afraid to let me in.

As I remember these moments I compare them to my life now. Now is so much more complicated but with that complication comes moments of pure and perfect joy that no one else could have given me. Now comes with sunburn and heartbreak and a foggy promise for the future. Now is where I am and memories of the past are just that. They are meant to be left sitting in the dust, occasionally to appear, to remind me how good I have it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment